Friday, November 2, 2007

la mer...

For as long as I can remember, I have longed to see the Mediterranean Sea. I'm not sure why exactly, but I have. So when I woke up this morning and looked out of the train window to see the sun beginning to rise over this miraculously blue body of water, my eyes started to water. It's truly remarkable how beautiful the riviera is. I hiked a little this morning up to the ruins of the old castle in the town, and from the top of the hill I was treated to this awesome view of pure blue as far as I could see. After staring, enraptured, for a while I turned around only to bit hit by a perfect view of the Alps. Words can't describe, and I will have pictures to post as soon as I return to campus Sunday night. I'm awestruck at the beauty.

I think I could probably live here?

Tomorrow I'm going to go either to Corsica or to Monaco. Haven't yet decided. I definitely do not want to return to school Monday morning.

And a special note to Jessica... the next post will be all in French for you, and I expect you to be fluent by the time I get home (Christmas) so that I have somebody to talk to ;)

Till next time...

-bevan

ps -- french keyboards suck.

4 comments:

Julie Madera said...

Sounds absoultely wonderful! I'm so glad you're getting to enjoy some well deserved R&R!
Can't wait to see the pictures!

The Ericksons said...

you found us! yeah! 2 months...it's almost here :) we'll be happy to have you home.

Hollyn Patricia Haynes said...

Bevan--thanks for checking in with little miss Hollyn. You are living a dream that so many people have---God bless you! When you see such beauty, take a moment in your mind's eye to make sure that we can see it too! I told Monica to check out your blog---she's taking French, too!

Mrs. Eshbaugh said...

You have such an incredible way of saying things...sometimes it cracks me up to think of my little borther doing all this stuff and being so grown up! That is something I would never do, so do it for the both of us! Love you tons!