Monday, November 19, 2007

I need six eggs... that's too expensive!



The last weekend of September, I traveled to a small city called Carcassonne... it has proven to be my favorite city thus far in all of France. Unfortunately, when I visited I didn't have a camera. Last weekend, I was able to return to Carcassonne... this time with camera in tow. Pictures... here we go!
I mentioned in the Nice post that pretty much every city in France has at least one big fountain. Above is the fountain in Toulouse, and below is one of the fountains in Carcassonne

This is the first view that you get of La Cité (the oldest part of a city). Carcassonne is a medieval city, completely surrounded by thick stone walls... basically incredible! The youth hostel that I stayed in is actually within the medieval city. So cool... the rest of this post is just pictures from around the city. It looks awesome, but what makes it even cooler is the fact that this is a completely functional city! People live here within these walls! And work here! Gah! It blows my mind! Anyway... more pics.















And of course the post wouldn't be complete without a blurry self-image with a weird facial expression that i really have no way of explaining...



Until next time... salut.

ps -- points to whoever identifies the title of this post :)

6 comments:

Julie Madera said...

Every place looks so surreal! Awesome pictures! Can't wait to hear all your stories and tales! Keep this experience alive in your heart, always! :-)

The Ericksons said...

BEVAN! Of course! It's from the town song in the Beauty and the Beast...you know...Belle's first big scene...duh :)

p.s. love the pics

Hollyn Patricia Haynes said...

Bevan--great pics; really amazing ! I knew the reference immediately--Beauty and the Beast--one of my favorites!

Brian

Kevin, Isabella, Jennifer Kramer said...

How absolutely breath-taking!

Kevin, Isabella, Jennifer Kramer said...

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

Lauren said...

That is a beautiful city!
and the title is from beauty and the beast